The Batik Fun Walk will be conducted by Yayasan Budi Penyayang Malaysia (PENYAYANG) on Sunday, October 22, 2023, at Lanai, Malaysia Tourism Center, Kuala Lumpur.
The Batik Fun Walk is organized by PENYAYANG with its strategic partners, namely the Malaysia Convention and Exhibition Bureau (MyCEB) and the Malaysia Tourism Center (MaTiC). It is a leisure event that aims to promote batik as a national heritage and the use of batik as daily wear.
This event is suitable for citizens of all ages. They can participate with their family members and friends.
Batik Fun Walk 2023 activities
- Fitness Challenges
- Lucky Draws
The walk starts and ends at Lanai, Malaysian Tourism Center (MaTiC). The walk will take participants through Jalan Ampang, Jalan Sultan Ismail, Jalan Raja Chulan, Jalan Perak, Jalan P. Ramlee, Jalan Pinang, and Persiaran Petronas, then enter Jalan Ampang and head back to Lanai, Malaysia Tourism Center (MaTiC). It will cover a distance of 3.8 kilometers.
|7.00 a.m||Interactive activities with the emcee|
|8.15 a.m||Warm-up Session|
YB Tuan Khairul Firdaus Akbar Khan
Deputy Minister of Tourism, Arts, and Culture Malaysia
|11:00 a.m||End of Program|
Participation fees will be as follows:
- RM 45 for adult participants (with free batik sarong)
- RM 20 for children between 7 and 12 years old (without free batik sarong) and
- Free for children under 7 years old (without free batik sarong and medal).
Participants who complete the walk are eligible to receive the Batik Fun Walk 2023 medal.
Donation to the Cancer Support Group
The participation fees will be donated to our cancer initiatives via Penyayang Pesakit Kanser (PPK). PPK is a support group that provides services and assistance to cancer patients through “Positive Image” at Putrajaya Hospital, the National Cancer Institute, and Seri Kembangan. PPK is also responsible for volunteer and support programs for cancer patients and their families.
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories:
- Youngest Participant
- Oldest Participant
- Largest Group of Contestants
- Group Most Creatively Dresses in Batik
- Individuals who most creatively dress in batik
- Family Most Creatively Dresses in Batik
- Grand Prize and Luck Draws
In cooperation with:
- Ministry of Tourism, Arts, and Culture of Malaysia (MOTAC)
- Malaysia Convention and Exhibition Bureau (MyCEB)
- Malaysia Tourism Centre (MaTiC)
- Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur (DBKL)
- Sinar Harian
- Utusan Malaysia
- Sin Chew Daily
- The Star
- The New Straits Times Press
- Harian Metro